Improve the quality of patient care and outcomes while reducing costs
The healthcare supply chain is foundational to the financial and operational success of a hospital.
It is a complex worldwide network which includes manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, and healthcare service providers.
These are all areas that VIE Healthcare specializes in through the following services:
We look forward to having a discussion with you about how we can support your organization's supply chain goals.
Let's explore further how the supply chain works so that you can assess whether your organization is at risk in this area.
- What is your approach for strategic sourcing?
- How do you work with, and gain buy-in from, physicians, clinical teams and senior leadership?
- What is your process gather and analyze spend data on a month basis?
- How do you put into place purchasing controls and spend utilization and inventory automation?
- How do you increase efficiency in your supply chain processes and inventory optimization.
- Do you regularly benchmark the performance of your supply chain?
- What insights do you subscribe to in order to achieve beyond industry norms for your pricing of physician preference items and purchased services?
There are four key areas of analysis for you to consider:
1. Understand Your Costs.
How well do you understand your pricing and how it compares to other hospitals? To your actual reimbursement? If there is a significant difference in pricing, are there valid explanations for the differences?
2. Gain Access to Best Practices.
How often are you benchmarking within your supply chain processes and products and services that you purchase? Do you have metrics in place to track your progress toward improvement goals?
3. Conduct Supply Chain Readiness Audits (SCRAs).
How frequently are you performing these assessments? Are they enough to help you perform root cause analysis, or will unplanned events still negatively impact your organization's finances or operations?
4. Standardize Supplies and Services.
What is your process for standardizing supplies and services? How do you analyze your spend for standardization opportunities? Do you have a process in place to have clinical standardization discussions?
The following is a list of resources that can help your hospital learn more about the impact of Supply Chain and will provide you with some insights on things you can do to make a difference right now.
- 2021 Effective Supply Chain Management Strategies
- 9 Best Practices for Effective Supply Chain Management
- The Best Way for Hospital Leaders to Negotiate Vendor Contracts
- 7 Strategies that will Transform Supply Chain Management
- Six Key Questions (and Answers) for Hospital Cost Savings Opportunities
- A Plan for Hospital Cost Savings Opportunities
- 5 Steps to Better Contract Management
- Do You Have High Performing Contracts?
- Hidden Cost Savings in Purchased Services
- Practical Ways Your Hospital Can Reduce Purchased Services Costs
- 5 Steps to Physician Preference Item Optimization
- A Case Study in Cost Savings: Physician Preference Items
- The Role of Nurses in Hospital Cost Savings
- Why Nurses Must be Included In Hospital Cost Savings Discussions