This article was written by Jacqueline Oberst.
Here are a few thoughts on healthcare telecommunication costs which your organization needs visibility to:
1. Just because your telecommunication costs are consistent each month does not guarantee that billing is accurate.
2. Vendors provide details about services, pricing, contract terms and locations via a customer service report. This report may have a different title depending on the vendor. When was the last time your organization analyzed this data?
3. Some states allow hospitals to access telecommunication vendor contracts within their procurement program – does your state?
4. Telecommunication contracts should be reviewed annually, even if mid-term.Agreements can be renegotiated for newly available lower pricing or service upgrades, prior to the end of the term. Click To Tweet
5. Engaging a telecommunication expense reduction expert will provide insights into all costs and services allowing management to make better decisions about spend and realize significant cost reductions.
VIE Healthcare® is the expert in healthcare telecommunication cost reduction and management. We have spent over 20 years assisting hospitals realize average savings between 25% – 40%, savings that are sustainable!
Over the next few weeks we will provide further insight into each of these five areas.