Old industry standards have become ritualized, and hospital administrators, executives, and staff, focused on their daily routines, may not be able to proactively search for and seize opportunities for innovation and improvement. VIE Healthcare’s Ethnography services can help hospitals achieve and maintain operational efficiency in today’s ever-changing healthcare environment.
What Does Ethnography Do?
- Explain discrepancies between what patients say and what they do.
- Identify needs that people can’t articulate explicitly.
- Describe both usage and meaning of healthcare services.
- Put a human face on market data through real-life stories.
- Evaluate current products or services or create brand new ones.
- Help collect and organize multiple viewpoints and represent patients in an unbiased manner.
- Directly provide patient models that can quickly generate many good ideas.
VIE’s Healthcare Ethnographers use this qualitative research methodology to understand how to improve a hospital department, improve patient and family satisfaction, and how to improve care coordination in a bundled payment model – all from the point-of-view of the patients, their families and providers of care – to gain frontline insights.
This holistic approach involves gathering subjective insights to accompany data analytics to give your hospital the tools for continuous improvement and innovation. After illustrating a Patient Journey Map™ identifying the existing challenges, VIE’s skilled Healthcare Ethnographers collaboratively work with the hospital to create sustainable solutions.
What Can Ethnography Do for Healthcare?
- Target the true needs of patients and families, saving valuable time and resources.
- Identify process improvements that have a tangible effect on staff’s daily activities.
- Improve staff satisfaction by allowing them to be heard and addressing their needs.
- Care Redesign through a collaborative approach; patients, families, and staff.
- Multi-disciplinary care coordination throughout the care continuum.
- Improve patient satisfaction scores that directly impact Bundle Payments and reimbursement.